Sunday, September 27, 2015

Today is the day we remember Good King Wenceslaus of Bohemia. We could use a few good kings just now.

There was a low-key celebration of the full moon here on Tong Ren Lu. People went to other people's houses and ate a meal. Not me, of course. They leave me alone.

I found a beginner English language book which I passed on to my neighbor who wants to learn. He was happy.

I've been riding my scooter a lot. This afternoon I made a practice run to the place I'll park for work, for the subway. It will be nice to have my scooter there when I get off the train instead of trying to get a taxi at that particular spot. Then I rode down Shanxi Lu to Fuxing Lu and down Fuxing Lu quite a way. I had not realized that they ran perpendicular. It as been hard figuring out the streets as none of them run parallel, it seems like. In ShangHai most of the streets have trees on both sides. Almost any street is a nice place for a drive.

And now we are at Monday morning again. It's a short week, only two days. Then we have a week off for National Day. When I hear people say that no good thing ever comes from excessive nationalism I know that they are not from China, because in China we get a week off work for it and that seems pretty good to me. Of course the next week we will work eight days in a row, so there is that.

Take a look at the lectionary readings for next week and tell me what you'd do with that! I am not touching the man/woman thing. I like Job, but it's a story and too many people take it too literally. I rather like the anthropomorphizing of the deity, it's fun to play around with that. But, I don't know if I can write anything about it. Maybe go with the children thing again. Or a saint! I have been wanting to do one of my saint potpourris again. Though, for Sunday, I like to nail something from the lectionary. It's only Monday. We'll see what surfaces later in the week.

Have fun, everybody.


No comments:

Post a Comment