Sunday, September 27, 2015

There is a place around the corner form me where they sell fresh-water pearls. I didn't have anything to do the other day so I went in there to see what it was all about. It's a huge building. Anyway, they also have an area where they show you how the pearls are farmed. I thought it was pretty interesting.


First, there's the oyster. This is a lot bigger than the oysters we have down along the Texas Gulf Coast.




Then the poor babies are injected with enough irritants to make all these pearls. 




They've got lots and lots of jars of pearls. sorted by the size of the pearl. I put my hand up there so you can see how big the jar is.


So that's the story of what's ion the pearl building. There is also a large retail section which I went through, but I didn't have much patience for it. The women who worked there really wanted to show me their pearls, but I thought the oysters were a lot more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment