Saturday, August 8, 2015

From Psalm 103 we have this:

13  As a father has compassion for his children,
          so the LORD has compassion for those who fear him.
14  For he knows how we were made;
          he remembers that we are dust.

And if you can't relate to that, maybe you are lucky enough to be a teacher. Teachers have compassion for their students. We know how hard they are trying. They don't realize that their problems aren't really unique, most students have the same issues. We have compassion for them because we know... maybe we don't know how they are made, but we know how languages are made.

I am glad to think that God is not surprised by my shortcomings. She knows already.

It's the same kind of knowing, though, that lets Amnon off the hook for Tamar's rape. David didn't say anything to Amnon because he knew, he understood. So the other side of the coin is that as much compassion as God has for me, she has at least equal compassion for guys I'd rather see knocked down and beaten with a rod of iron... to borrow a little imagery.

I actually prefer my way, but I am not God.

No comments:

Post a Comment