Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A Morning Prayer

Things aren't going that well at the new job.  FYI.


Psalm 143

1   Hear my prayer, O LORD;
          Sometimes I wonder if you are really listening.  I hope you are.  I really do because I need some  
          help.  And I am sorry if that is faithless.  I am.  But sometimes I do wonder.  I can't see you or hear
          you... it's hard for me.
          You are more faithful than I am; so please listen.
          Please answer me in your righteousness.
2   And don't judge me too harshly,
          I know I've made mistakes.  You know it.  It's not a secret.  But, nobody living on this earth is
          righteous before you.  So, help me out.

3   For my boss and those guys upstairs are bullying me,
          they are crushing the life right out of me,
          I don't even know why I'm here.  I'd might as well be dead because I am not doing anything here.
4   You know how I'm feeling about all that, how it hurts my heart and my spirit is getting weak within me;
          I am actually appalled  by their bad behaviour.  Appalled.  They'd be in trouble if they did this in the   
          USA you know. My mind might be wondering.  It does that, you know.

5   Look, I remember the good old days,  Lord
          I think about all the great things you've done for me:
          teching me to read your books, to hear your saints, to love a little bit more           
          I think about that a lot and.
6   I stretch out my hands to you;
          my soul thirsts for you like a parched land.
          I miss the good old days                   Selah

7   Answer me quickly, O LORD;
          you know othe clock is ticking on this thing.
          I need quick action, before
          my spirit fails even more and before the deadline.
     Keep watching out for me,
          or I shall be like those whose lives don't mean anything.
8   Let me hear of your steadfast love in the morning,
          for in you I put my trust. I belong to you, so help me.
     Teach me the way I should go, I'm not sure what to do so you're going to have to be clearer.  You know
         you have to be clear with me.  I try to be all intuitive and spiritual, but you really have to spell it out for
         me.  You know how I am..  I lift up my soul to you.

9   Save me, O LORD, from those people... they are so mean!
          I have fled to you for refuge because... well, you know.
10  Teach me to do your will,
          for you are my God. So help me.
     Let your good spirit lead me
          on a level path.

11  For your name’s sake, O LORD, preserve my life.
          In your righteousness bring me out of this place.
12  In your steadfast love cut those guys down to size.  Make them quit bullying us!
          destroy them... I don't care.  Just get them out of my life,
          Help me
          for I am your servant.
          So help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment