Thursday, October 30, 2014

A Haiku

Actually, it's a double haiku:  5-5-7-7-5-5.  Still not very sophisticated... just longer.

hard grey sky above 
hard cold ground below
both grim reflections of me
weary of it all, 
 and tired

desperate 
for a 
change

to 
be 
glad 
again.


And change is in the air... it's in the air!

Do you like what I did with the typography?  It changes... get it?  In the first lines the text is moving across the page, then it changes!  In the last lines the text is going up and down on the page.  It's subtle.  And perhaps not as clever as I intended.  But it IS change.

I wrote this for my colleagues and I who are all growing just a wee bit weary.

But change is in the air.

I have always said, "We live in hope."  But lately I've changed that to be, "We live in the hope we make."  And I've been making hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment